Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 3

Write about something you feel grateful for in your life today.

There are so many things I am grateful for in my life. It's really quite difficult to pick just one thing to focus on. I'm going to have to go really forest (you know, as opposed to trees?) and say I am so thankful for the people that have made their way into my life. It's really strange how throughout our lives we assume we know the "end of the story". You know what I mean, in elementary school you plan to get an apartment with your best friend. In high school you plan to marry the boy you've been dating 3 weeks. In college, you decide where you'll be working, living, raising a family. But isn't it funny how those plans can change, either suddenly or gradually, sometimes without warning or us even noticing. Sometimes they change because we choose for them to. Sometimes because we have no choice. If you had asked me 5 years ago where I would be and who I would be friends with I never could have predicted this outcome. In fact, 5 years ago at this time my life was in a sort of upheaval. It turned out to be the turning point in a life I thought I had planned out perfectly. Ha! My life looks nothing like what I had imagined then and I couldn't be happier.

So here are the people I am thankful for, in no particular order.

College: Kevin & Tara. There aren't a ton of people I keep in touch with from college, but Kevin and Tara I hope to stay friends with for a very long time. Kevin has been the most academically influential person in my life to date. Tara is my twin, and the most spiritually influential person in my life to date.

Friends: Abigail, Amy, Louisa & Jon, Denise & Cat, Crystal & Lucio. AKA, the Saturday night crew. I look forward to every time we are able to get together and always leave feeling positive about life. Scrabble with friends makes my heart happy!

Family: Dad & Bert, Gina & Randy. Both have sacrificed and worked hard to help me along in life. I could never thank you all for how much you have helped me (and Matt) out through the years.

Christian, Bekah, Timothy, Zach. You have all taught me different things throughout my life. I so wish I saw everyone more regularly, but I love when we are all together, no matter how chaotic. I hope you all know how much I love and appreciate you!

Levi. Levi has taught me a whole new way to love. He has taught me patience. He has allowed every experience to become new again, somehow things are more exciting when they are a "first". Like today was Levi's first time "seeing" snow!!!

Matthew. I joke with my youth group girls all the time about how I "picked" Matt and they should be careful choosing. ;) Truth be told, Matt is everything I always needed but never knew. He has always supported and encouraged me to follow whatever dream I have, he is the most amazing father, and a perfectly imperfect partner.


5 Years ago, many of these people wouldn't have been on my list. But today I am thankful for those that have been put in my life, each of them blesses me in a unique way on a daily basis.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment