Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 5. Thankful for Things.

Take five minutes to write about how grateful you are for all of the wonderful things that you currently have in your life. Don’t long for what you don’t possess—instead, take stock of all the blessings you already enjoy.

I am very grateful for the "things" I am able to own. I don't have a ton, but I also don't want for much. I have a house and a car, furniture to sit on, a cell phone, a lap top, a tv, and all sorts of stuff that I have accrued over the years. I don't really have a lot to say about these things, except that I am grateful that I have what I need and many of the things I want. Matt and I are in no way rich, but we are able to live comfortably. I do find myself "wishing" I could have other/more things, new clothes mostly, and often spend more money than I should on random stuff (especially at Target). I think this is one thing I'd like to get out of this challenge, to just be satisfied with what I do have. Simplify. If I could do that I'd save myself a lot of money, and have a lot more room in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment