Sunday, November 29, 2009

A slight detour...

For the next 3 weeks, my blog will be dedicated to the gratitude challenge hosted by tiny prints. I have challenge all of the students in my youth program (hi guys!) to take this journey with me. I hope that reading my reflections on the gratitude activities will be helpful to them as they complete their own. I also hope that I may inspire you to take the same challenge. I have a feeling this will be a fun little exercise. So here is today's activity:
Today you start The Gratitude Challenge. Sign the contract and make a commitment to take note and give
thanks for the next 21 days. Express why you accepted this challenge and what you hope to achieve from it.

I have my contract all signed and ready to go. I am excited to accept this challenge for a few reasons: 1- I think there is no better time to do this. As we leave Thanksgiving behind and enter Advent, I really think these activities will allow me to focus my energy and attention on the more important parts of the season. 2- I think it will be a good discipline for me to be accountable to everyone to blog each day of the 21 days. I am terrible at finding time to blog, though I'd really like to. I hope this will help. 3- I don't enjoy negativity in other people, but tend to sometimes fall into the trap myself. I think being forced to find ways to be thankful, even for the negative things in my life, will be a good practice for my spirit.

So that's Day 1. Do you think you will join the challenge? The site I linked to has a calendar you can download with all of the activities on it. If you're joining, let me know why? What are you thankful for?

****************

In a bit of other news, Matt and I (and Amy and Abbey) are starting the couch to 5k (c25k) program this week. It's 30 minutes of running exercises 3 times a week for 9 weeks, it builds you up gradually to be able to run an entire 5k. I am not a runner. I never have been. But after the mess with Matt's heart this month, I would really like to start. I have also always wanted to run a 5k for a good cause. I will try to keep everyone updated on that as I go along as well!


ktw

No comments:

Post a Comment